Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Back to the grind

I ran for the first time in a week last night. I was shooting for 5.25 miles since I last did a little over 5. Before I walked out the door, I was thinking that I would be happy if I made it 3 miles before walking. I was pretty sure that my lungs would give out somewhere in there.

So I stepped out the door in the 37 degree night with Live at Wembley by Queen in my ears and proceeded to run my 5.25 miles in about an hour and 4 minutes. It went much better than I had expected, and the cold didn't bother me all that much. It was 35 when I got home. I jumped in the shower with some lukewarm water that really stung my hands and was feeling nice and warm after about 10 minutes.

One of the guys at work padded the cable ladder at work so we can do pull-ups on it. I have managed to do 20 on Monday and Tuesday and then about 10 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment