Friday, November 2, 2012

workouts

So I've started the first workouts after deciding to go for the tough mudder. There are now 4 guys committed to running this. Even if the other two guys don't join, I think our team will be pretty solid.

I've been doing a crapload of push-ups trying to get to being able to run through 100 at a time. I am currently maxing out at 70. So I've started doing some incline push-ups at half of my max number. So I'm doing at least 200 regular push-ups or 100 incline every other day at the least.

Sunday I ran 1.58 miles. I stopped at the playground in the neighborhood twice during that run to try and do some pull ups. I did two at the first stop, and two at the second stop.

On Tuesday I walked 1.65 miles at work, and I dusted off the bowflex and ran through some arm, chest, ab, and back exercises.

Wednesday was just push-ups.

Thursday was another run. I am trying to add a quarter mile onto each run. So this one was 1.82 miles with another couple of stops at the playground. I did one pull up and held it as long as I could (10-15 seconds) in an overhand and underhand grip in the first set. The second set was 4 pull ups to the back of my neck.

A co-worker showed me that in our game room, we can do pull ups on one of the power racks that is attached at the ceiling. I've done a couple of sets of two on that. The grip is not the most comfortable at all, but hopefully I will get used to it. Some push-ups today as well.

This weekend will be another run up to at least 2 miles. I also really need to get our pull up bar at home installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment